Dress: Zara/ Scarf & Scarf ring: Hermès/ Ballerinas: Lanvin/ Bag: Hermès/ Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples
Back in the land of sand and 102 degree fahrenheit summers!
Cooling off with some indoor shopping and champagne brunch over the weekend.
Stay cool and Happy Shopping! xx
I started this list two years ago as I gentle reminder to myself to create a well-lived life.
This year I have rounded up two more things I have learned as I turn a year older…
1. Make wise investments. In relationships and real-estate.
2. On Friendships, put value on quality over quantity.
3. Delay your reaction when emotion’s high.
4. Don’t make hasty decisions. Extend the deadline and sleep on it. Your mind is always clearer the next day.
5. Travel the world like a traveler and not like a tourist.
6. Make friends with people that come from places you don’t know about.
7. When you feel like sleeping. Sleep. Your body needs it.
8. Vitamin C cures everything. Take it everyday.
9. Ask as many questions as you can and recognize that you don’t know everything.
10. It’s always the simplest answer. Always.
11. Never save your expensive china and crystals for special guests. They’ll never come. Use them everyday. You are that special guest.
12. Buy the best mattress you can afford. You spend a third of your life in it.
13. Buy the best couch you can afford. You spend the remainder of your life in it.
14. Enjoy food, drink and live well, you only get this one shot at life.
15. Read as many books as you can.
16. Be careful with words, you can never take them back.
17. Spend time alone and learn to love your own company.
18. See people in increments. You’ll always like the people you don’t see often.
19. The odds are always in your favor when you talk less and listen more.
20. When you are in pain, stop thinking about the pain.
21. Spend money on things that will improve the quality of your life.
22. When people don’t feel right. Walk away.
23. Invest your money on good skincare. Your face is what you face the world with.
24. Buy Italian leather. There’s nothing better.
25. When traveling, always ask the locals what their favorite restaurant is and eat there.
26. Live below and within your means. If you can’t pay it in cash today, then you can’t afford it. Simple Math.
27. What people think, say or do is a reflection of their own reality (from the Four Agreements). It’s not your business and it’s not your problem.
28. Never compromise your standards and principles, at the end of the day that’s all you have.
29. Marry the one you like. Love sometimes goes out the window. Like stays.
30. If you are sure of who you are, then you can shop alone.
31. Always watch over the people you love and make sure that they know that.
32. Sometimes, friendships are meant to dissolve. When it does, gracefully let it go.
33. Manage your expectations. The things that are important to you are not necessarily important to others.
Live well and Keep Smiling! xx
Photography by Dibs Trofeo
It has been a long time since I had spent an ample amount of time at a Tod’s store. I was checking out driver moccasins when this D.D. Leather Bowler caught my eye. The easy styling of the delicate dark blue calf leather is so buttery soft and surprisingly light. The detail of the stitching and the classic, n0-fuss shape of this bag is essentially simple and in a very understated way, elegant.
Rediscovering this Italian brand could not have come at a better time. I think as you get older, you tire easily (read: you have a revulsion to carrying anything heavy) and you simplify your decisions more and more. The feel of this expertly crafted leather spoke to me because the sensation it gives off is genuine and straightforward.
I am starting to ascertain that I may be potentially over this whole “IT” bag debacle. Opting for sensible choices that fits the life I am creating for myself incorporates the absence of emblazoned logos, flashy hardware and useless frills.
Comfort and design trumps artifice.
A bag is a bag is a bag, sure. But this naturally refined Italian classic, in my book, will always remain unpretentiously beautiful for the years to come.
Happy Shopping! xx